Monday to Sunday day shifts on rota
Rate of Pay:
£13.75 per hour
Mosaic 1898 Direct Payments Support Service are assisting a gentleman living in LE4 area of Leicester to recruit a Personal Care Assistant.
You will be supporting a 42-year-old man who has Downs Syndrome, Autism and is registered partially sighted, with support in all areas of his daily living tasks. You will be supporting with personal and domestic care, health and well-being and his social and Leisure pursuits, which will include attending resource centres/college etc.
The duties to be carried out, as instructed by your employer:
• Assist with all areas of personal care support:- bathing, shaving, toileting, drying, dressing etc.
• Preparation of breakfast, lunch, and evening meals.
• Administration of daily medications, medication counts, ordering medication
• Making health appointments, attending health appointments, writing up ‘Health Care Reports’
• Daily log writing, completing monitoring charts, monthly report writing
• Assistance with shopping and associated tasks
• All household duties:- dusting, vacuuming, empty bins, making and changing the bed, cleaning of rooms, laundry, drying and ironing clothes, washing up
• You will not be required to carry out any personal Manual & Handling
• The gentleman is 2-1 in the community and 1-1 in his home
• Supporting on short breaks and holidays
The gentlemen has his own mobility car and will be driven to and from appointments/activities.
Being a driver is advantageous, but not necessary for suitable candidate.
A caring and patient approach is more important than experience. You will be reliable and trustworthy with the commitment to accept responsibility. You will be comfortable to work on own, as part of team, and with initiative if necessary. You will always be diligent and conscientious.
The PAs are required to have at least 6 months experience with learning disability and autism and a level 2 health and social care qualification or equivalent.
You will meet the job’s physical requirements (e.g. moving & handling)
Communication skills: You must be able to communicate effectively.
Empathy and Compassion:
Patience: it is vital that you utilise patience and take time to understand the individuals body language and varying cues for support.
Flexibility: health needs can change, and routines may need to alter, therefore, you will need to be flexible regarding shift patterns.
Organisation and Time keeping: Time management is essential as routine is very important, especially regarding medication and feeding. The PA would be expected to arrive to shift on time and if there is a delay, the parents are to be notified as soon as possible.
If you're interested in this job, we'd love to hear from you.
Applying is easy, simply send us an email telling us in a few words why you'd like to apply for this job, attach a copy of your CV, and we'll be in touch.
Please remember to quote the job reference number from this page and add your contact details in your email.
Email the hiring team for this job at:
If you'd prefer to talk to us, your can call us on 0116 231 8720.